Gregg Strawbridge - Exposition of the Gospel of St. John (42 mp3s with 140 pp notes)
This series through St. John's Gospel unveils the themes of new creation and the astounding structural depth of this wondrous Gospel.
The Seven Signs + One: The New Creation
1. New Creation Breaks In at Wedding: Water into wine (2:1-11)
2. Stopping Death with a Word: Prevents death of king’s man’s son (4:46ff)
3. Life of the World: True Sabbath - Paralyzed (38 years) at Bethesda pool (5:2-9) (sin no more)
4. The New Exodus: Bread of Life - Loaves (6:1-14) + Crossing the Sea (6:19)
5. Light of the World: Blind (born) cleansed at Siloam pool on Sabbath (9:1-7) (not his sin)
6. Calling Forth Life with a Word: Delays/death, then raises Lazarus (11:1-44)
7. New Adam: Water & blood on the cross (19:34-35)
+ 8. New Adam/Gardener: The resurrection (20:1-29) “First Day” (8th Day)
A Word/PDF document of all the notes is available upon request.
Gregg Strawbridge, Ph.D., is the pastor of All Saints Church in Lancaster, PA. He became a committed follower of Jesus Christ at age 20, discipled in the context of a University Navigator Ministry. As a result of personal discipleship he went on to study at Columbia Biblical Seminary (M.A., Columbia, SC, 1990), as well as receive a Ph.D. in education and philosophy... read more
43 items found