Gregg Strawbridge - St. John's Gospel
This series through St. John's Gospel unveils the themes of new creation and the astounding structural depth of this wondrous Gospel.
The Seven Signs + One: The New Creation
1. New Creation Breaks In at Wedding: Water into wine (2:1-11)
2. Stopping Death with a Word: Prevents death of king’s man’s son (4:46ff)
3. Life of the World: True Sabbath - Paralyzed (38 years) at Bethesda pool (5:2-9) (sin no more)
4. The New Exodus: Bread of Life - Loaves (6:1-14) + Crossing the Sea (6:19)
5. Light of the World: Blind (born) cleansed at Siloam pool on Sabbath (9:1-7) (not his sin)
6. Calling Forth Life with a Word: Delays/death, then raises Lazarus (11:1-44)
7. New Adam: Water & blood on the cross (19:34-35)
+ 8. New Adam/Gardener: The resurrection (20:1-29) “First Day” (8th Day)
A Word/PDF document of all the notes is available upon request.
Gregg Strawbridge, Ph.D., is the pastor of All Saints Church in Lancaster, PA. He became a committed follower of Jesus Christ at age 20, discipled in the context of a University Navigator Ministry. As a result of personal discipleship he went on to study at Columbia Biblical Seminary (M.A., Columbia, SC, 1990), as well as a Ph.D. in education and philosophy... read more
42 items found