1 Peter 1.3-9 - Advent III: Joy
The theme for the third Sunday of Advent is Joy.
What brings you joy in life? What does 1 Peter 1:3-9 tell us is the source of our joy? What things threaten to steal away your Gospel joy, and how do we prevent that? Should we always be joyful? It is commanded after all, in Philippians 4:4. Is it a sin to be downcast? What do we do when we cannot find joy?
Sermon Theme: Christ’s coming and redemption brings us joy that we spread to the world by our lives and testimony.
B. 1 Peter 3
1. Rejoicing in what? Vs. 3-6a
2. Rejoicing even among trials. Vs. 6b-7
3. Rejoicing by faith, not sight. Vs. 8-9
C. The Most-Glad King of Psalm 45
1. Spreading joy – the shepherds in Luke 2
2. Cultivating joy – Euodia and Syntyche in Phil. 4
Pastor of Christ Church of Livingston County in Howell, MI.